Can your company save money with the cloud?
- You work with massive amounts of data
- You need more than one physical server
- You current IT infrastructure is colocated
- Your industry is heavily regulated
- Your team works remotely
What are the other benefits of the cloud?
- Agility — Your business can scale up or down quickly without the hassle of figuring out how to add or remove physical hardware.
- Resilience — When unexpected regulations arise or you need to swiftly shift course, cloud systems are easy to update.
- Speed — An efficient cloud platform allows you to integrate all your information sources (also known as sources of truth) so you can run reports in a snap.
- Less Maintenance — Corporations which offer Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS) take care of the hardware storage, electricity, and monitoring so you can focus on running your business.
How does cloud migration work?
Moving to the cloud will look different for every business, but here’s an example of how we recently supported a corporation in the automotive industry:
This company owned several database servers, a proxy server, and a monitoring platform. The company needed to add an additional server to their infrastructure to fulfill industry regulations. Purchasing and maintaining this hardware was very expensive, so knit facilitated a data and software migration to the cloud.
Without knit’s support, the corporation would have purchased a new $10,000 physical database server, which also would have required an additional $500 each month to cover the colocation costs of electricity, bandwidth, and a location to store the server.As a result of the cloud migration,
- Our client will have saved a minimum of $8,600 in just their first year of using cloud servers.
- They eliminated the cost of maintenance and upkeep of their old physical servers and monitoring platform.
- We were also able to take the company’s old hardware so it could be donated to a qualified nonprofit organization, allowing the corporation to take advantage of tax benefits and develop a cause marketing campaign.