What technology strategies should my company have in place?
Every business is unique, so your business’s technology strategies will be unique as well. But at the core, your technology strategies should include:
- A multi-year plan for how you want to see technology work in your organization in the future
- Technological milestones you hope to reach by specific target dates, including regular maintenance and updates of your existing technology
- A description of how technology fits into your organization now
- An outline of your IT infrastructure, including a list of all your hardware, software, and operating systems
- Hardware replacement plans
- All internal IT policies
- A disaster recovery plan
If you’re not sure where to get started with your technology strategies, knit can help. We can collaborate with you to develop technology strategies from scratch, or work with you to implement the strategies you already have in place.
What are some examples of how my business can improve its use of technology?
A multi-year plan for your company’s IT systems could include goals like:
- A full or partial cloud migration
- Improving the security of your IT systems to meet regulatory or compliance standards
- Automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks
- Developing custom software to improve your company’s operations
- Upgrading old or outdated IT components
We work collaboratively with our clients to develop IT strategies that make sense for their operations, industry standards, and company goals.
What types of internal IT policies should my business have?
IT policies can cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Acceptable use policies, such as whether (and how) employees can use their personal devices for work purposes and vice versa
- Social media and internet browsing policies
- Minimum security standards, such as guidelines for how employees should create passwords
- Disaster recovery policies in case any IT components stop working
- Guidelines for ongoing IT services, such as how technical support questions will be handled
Our experienced team can offer practice recommendations as you decide which IT policies are needed for your business.